Not too long ago, I was visiting New York. In fact, it was last week, and while hanging out at the Total Beauty party at the Campbell Apartment I discovered the lovely drink called Prohibition Punch, which is served in a brandy glass. I loved it so much that I had quite a few of them, and ended up in a 24 hour McDonalds at 3 AM on 34th and 8th. They were that good.
However, I don't recommend having as many as I did. I recommend having one, maybe two. And definitely don't follow them up with Bacardi and Cokes and dancing at Opal. Unless you want to be terribly hung over the next day, and who wants that?
At any rate, this recipe can be found in the book Cocktails in New York: Where to Find 100 Classics and How to Mix Them at Home which I highly recommend, both for the quality of cocktails and the New York factor. But I was lucky enough to find the recipe online. Here you go, and enjoy!
- 1 ounce Appelton Estate Rum V/X
- 1/2 ounce Grand Marnier
- 2 ounces passion fruit juice
- Splash of cranberry juice
- Splash of fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce Moet et Chandon Champagne
- Combine the rum, Grand Marnier, and fruit juices with ice in a brandy snifter, and stir gently.
- Top with Champagne.