There really isn't anything I can say about this, other than I think she is hilarious. If you aren't following her on YouTube, you're missing out.
For the first time in the company's history, Estee Lauder hit Mercedes Benz Fashion Week to do the beauty for Derek Lam!
Creative Makeup Director Tom Pecheux led a team of 15 artists for the show, while manicurist Jin Soon Choi worked her magic on the nails using a new color that will be released in the fall.
"When Derek showed me the fabrics that inspired his Fall 2010 collection – bold and muted tones mixed with earthy pigments including terracotta, greens and browns – I thought the makeup shades should be complimentary. So we chose a blend of bold blue shadows on the eyes, shimmering copper lips and flawless, matte skin created with a light foundation -- an on-trend beauty preview of what we will see for Fall 2010." --Tom Pecheux, Estée Lauder Creative Makeup Director.
On the eyes are new Estée Lauder EyeShadow Tested Backstage – Shades Launching Fall 2010, Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Eye Pencil in Midnight Blue, and Estée Lauder TurboLash All Effects Motion Mascara in Black.
The skin was prepped with Estée Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation, while cheeks were left bare. To finish, Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in Crystal Beige was applied to the lips.
I am really excited to see the new collections under Tom Pecheux. I predict they will be amazing.
Makeup: Tom Pecheux for Estée Lauder; Nails: Jin Soon Choi for Estée Lauder; Model Photos: Ksenia Kahnovich (IMG) Photo Courtesy of Estée Lauder; Liu Wen (Marilyn) Photo Courtesy of Estée Lauder
The vibe, according to lead stylist Antoinette Beenders, was country girl meets princess at Sophie Theallet. A messy updo with lots of wispy and long tendrils escaping played that out.
"The Sophie Théallet hair look for this season is soft, tousled, and romantic—a mélange of country girl and princess. Hair is loosely pulled back and twisted into a textured, slightly teased ponytail with long wisps of hair framing the face," said Beenders.
Here is how to get the look:
- Prep damp hair with Aveda Volumizing Tonic for volume and shine, massaging it into roots. Blow-dry hair at half speed.
- Create a deep side part and separate the fringe and hair around the face.
- Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion into the rest of the hair for matte texture and tousled volume, massaging it into the scalp.
- Slightly backcomb hair at the crown, using a wide-tooth comb to create a textured, distressed look. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray (launching in June, 2010) for maximum hold.
- Pull hair into a low, loose, half-up ponytail and secure with an elastic band, leaving the fringe and front wisps loose.
- Divide remaining bottom half of hair into right and left sections. Backcomb the right section and twist it over the ponytail elastic. Secure hair just to the left side of the ponytail using hair pins.
- Take the remaining left section of free hair and create another loose ponytail behind the left ear. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
- Combine the two ponytails by pinning them together behind the left ear. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion liberally through the length of the ponytail and tousle with fingers to create texture. Finish the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
Rae from theNotice shares her skincare secret to flawless, pore-free skin.
Phyrra gives you an exclusive interview with Fyrinnae Cosmetics in February's Indie Spotlight.
Betty's Dragon Fruit Eye Look is now up at Betty Girl Makeup. It's her first tutorial and she's wicked excited!
Arianne at Glitter Geek is absolutely smitten over her new drugstore superhero -- Aveeno Hand Cream.
Krasey Beauty takes New York Fashion Week by storm, and goes backstage with L.A.M.B, MAC, CND, and MoroccanOil.
Lisa Kate attempts her first Konadicure...please help her!
Jellyminx goes shopping again and again and again and again!!
Sarah at I Heart Cosmetics hunted high and low, and finally managed to purchase the Estee Lauder and Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection.
Thought you found your HG red lipstick? So did Hell Candy Make Up until she discovered this oh so glamorous lippie!
There be lemmings-a-plenty when Lipglossiping shows off NARS Purple Rain this week!
Tarte ReCreate Anti-Aging Foundation just so happens to be the answer to Prime Beauty's prayers.
Melovemakeup shows how gorgeous the eyeshadow in the Trucco Angelface Palette is - duochrome heaven!
Say bye bye to dark circles and hello to bright eyes with Liparazzi!
Maggie gets electrified by L'Oreal HiP's Black Shock.
This week on Get Lippie, Louise goes a little bananas at the makers of "Chemical Free" products and hopes she'll be forgiven.
Lisamarie from Beauty Crazed gets super excited by Chanel's new Fast Track Orient Extreme mini collection!
Interested in joining Beauty Blog Link Love? Check out this information page and give us a shout!
Illamasqua, the edgiest, nighttime makeup brand, is looking for the next hot Nail Varnish color, and beginning on February 21, 2010, it could be created by you! Submit a description of your dream color and what inspired it, along with an image or photograph, and you could have your shade created by Illamasqua. The winning shade will be sold as an exclusive on Illamasqua.com, and through UK-based Selfridges department stores and Selfridges.com, beginning in October of 2010 (although, you'll get your hand on it before anyone else!).
- The contest is open globally from Feb 21, 2010 through March 14, 2010
- In 50 words or less, submit a description of your dream color and what inspired it - pictures are encouraged, whether a photograph, swatch, material etc... - to Illamasqua
- You can submit only ONE entry
- Entries can be submitted three ways:
6-8 Anwell St
One winner will be selected and notified by 5th May. A prestigious panel of beauty trend makers, including Illamasqua Artistic Director and Legendary Make-up Artist Alex Box, Internationally acclaimed Nail Artist Sophy Robson and the Youtube sensations Pixiwoo will be heading up the judging panel!