The Age Intervention Regeneration Facial Mask has some interesting technology behind it, so I was excited to be given the chance to try it. Without getting entirely too technical for a Monday morning, I will explain it like this: it works simultaneously to resurface your skin while applying ingredients that are beneficial in the fight against aging. The key ingredients that make the magic happen are:
- Glycolic Acid. Provides superb skin resurfacing and retexturing benefits.
- Proprietary Peptide Blend. Targeted peptide blends designed to provide remarkable skin rebuilding and rejuvenation benefits.
- Resveratrol. Polyphenol from red wine often referred to as the “longevity” molecule. Has a wide range of anti-aging benefits that include wrinkle reduction, anti-inflammatory activity and has been shown to modulate genetic expression
- Green Tea Extract. Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Medical validation exists regarding its ability to significantly decrease the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Green tea also helps to reduce the appearance of skin redness, including rosacea and has demonstrated anti-acne properties. May also assist in protecting the skin against sun damage.
- Red Tea Extract. Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Studies suggest that it can significantly decrease the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- White Tea Extract. Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Helps to prevent sun damage and boosts the immune function of cells. Decreases appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Pomegranate Extract. Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Helps to support cellular regeneration and skin repair.
- Linoleic and Linolenic Acid. Essential fatty acids with anti-inflammatory properties. Assists in preventing trans-epidermal moisture loss.
- Co-Enzyme Q-10. Powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. Acts like a “cellular battery” to boost the skins ability to repair and regenerate. Research also indicates that CoQ10 encourages the production of collagen and elastin. Helps to protect the skin from sun damage.
- Algae Extract. Contributes beneficial minerals to the skin and promotes excellent moisture retention and elasticity.
The glycolic acid is a wonderful exfoliant, removing dull dead skin cells on the surface of your skin to enable the potent anti-aging ingredients like co-enzyme Q-10 to do their magic.
I was really pleased with the results of the mask, and have continued to use it at least once a week. It is excellent for those of us who don't need intense moisture, but still want the anti-aging benefits.