Did you know that we have new digs? If you're still visiting us here, you should head over to RetrodivasBeauty.com, where things are much, much cooler. See you there!
"When Derek showed me the fabrics that inspired his Fall 2010 collection – bold and muted tones mixed with earthy pigments including terracotta, greens and browns – I thought the makeup shades should be complimentary. So we chose a blend of bold blue shadows on the eyes, shimmering copper lips and flawless, matte skin created with a light foundation -- an on-trend beauty preview of what we will see for Fall 2010." --Tom Pecheux, Estée Lauder Creative Makeup Director.
Makeup: Tom Pecheux for Estée Lauder; Nails: Jin Soon Choi for Estée Lauder; Model Photos: Ksenia Kahnovich (IMG) Photo Courtesy of Estée Lauder; Liu Wen (Marilyn) Photo Courtesy of Estée Lauder
- Prep damp hair with Aveda Volumizing Tonic for volume and shine, massaging it into roots. Blow-dry hair at half speed.
- Create a deep side part and separate the fringe and hair around the face.
- Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion into the rest of the hair for matte texture and tousled volume, massaging it into the scalp.
- Slightly backcomb hair at the crown, using a wide-tooth comb to create a textured, distressed look. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray (launching in June, 2010) for maximum hold.
- Pull hair into a low, loose, half-up ponytail and secure with an elastic band, leaving the fringe and front wisps loose.
- Divide remaining bottom half of hair into right and left sections. Backcomb the right section and twist it over the ponytail elastic. Secure hair just to the left side of the ponytail using hair pins.
- Take the remaining left section of free hair and create another loose ponytail behind the left ear. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
- Combine the two ponytails by pinning them together behind the left ear. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion liberally through the length of the ponytail and tousle with fingers to create texture. Finish the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
Phyrra gives you an exclusive interview with Fyrinnae Cosmetics in February's Indie Spotlight.
Betty's Dragon Fruit Eye Look is now up at Betty Girl Makeup. It's her first tutorial and she's wicked excited!
Arianne at Glitter Geek is absolutely smitten over her new drugstore superhero -- Aveeno Hand Cream.
Krasey Beauty takes New York Fashion Week by storm, and goes backstage with L.A.M.B, MAC, CND, and MoroccanOil.
Lisa Kate attempts her first Konadicure...please help her!
Jellyminx goes shopping again and again and again and again!!
Sarah at I Heart Cosmetics hunted high and low, and finally managed to purchase the Estee Lauder and Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection.
Thought you found your HG red lipstick? So did Hell Candy Make Up until she discovered this oh so glamorous lippie!
There be lemmings-a-plenty when Lipglossiping shows off NARS Purple Rain this week!
Tarte ReCreate Anti-Aging Foundation just so happens to be the answer to Prime Beauty's prayers.
Melovemakeup shows how gorgeous the eyeshadow in the Trucco Angelface Palette is - duochrome heaven!
Say bye bye to dark circles and hello to bright eyes with Liparazzi!
Maggie gets electrified by L'Oreal HiP's Black Shock.
This week on Get Lippie, Louise goes a little bananas at the makers of "Chemical Free" products and hopes she'll be forgiven.
Lisamarie from Beauty Crazed gets super excited by Chanel's new Fast Track Orient Extreme mini collection!
- The contest is open globally from Feb 21, 2010 through March 14, 2010
- In 50 words or less, submit a description of your dream color and what inspired it - pictures are encouraged, whether a photograph, swatch, material etc... - to Illamasqua
- You can submit only ONE entry
- Entries can be submitted three ways:
- Prep hair with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for light, workable hold.
- Working from bottom to top, curl hair in one-inch pieces with a medium barrel curling iron. Loop each curled piece around your finger and pin against the head to set the curl. Allow curls to cool, and then remove clips. Gently brush hair out.
- Separate a top section of hair—from the hairline to the crown—and pin it away to separate. Backcomb the remainder of hair and spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray to create ultra-volume. Brush backcombed hair through.
- Gather the left side of hair and pull tightly to the back of the head. Pin in place vertically, up the center line of the head, with bobby pins. Smooth hair against the head with fingers and spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray to minimize flyaways.
- Gather the right side of hair and pull tightly to the back of the head. Wrap hair inwards around your fingers to create a tornado-like twist. Pin in place and spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
- Remove pins from the remaining front section of hair and backcomb to create volume. Spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray. Comb hair away from the face and pin to the top of the twist, creating wave-like volume at the crown of the head. Set the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
Edited by: Keedah
Fashion Week is finally upon us which means we'll be hyped up on Diet Pepsi or coffee (or both), running on mininal sleep, and bustling from event to event so we can bring you the latest happenings in the fashion industry. And the blizzard that just hit the New York area isnt making it any easier, but alas we make sacrifices for the sake of fashion. Links this week will give you insight on what trends to expect in the next few months. And as always, if you want to join The Glamarazzi you can find the info here.
- Obsession isn't Just a Perfume discovers for the first time in fashion history the fanny pack is cool thanks to an extreme makeover by Kinies. Fanny Pack Fabulous?!?
- From Her Goody Bag...Shoe Therapy: The Transition Great shoes for now and later!
- K is for Kinky shows you the correct way to care for your lingerie...Just in time for V Day
- The Style Aficionado shows you how to revive your dried out creme liner
- And from The Glamour Whore Here's to hoping MAC's latest collection lives up to it's name...
- Project Danielle thinks its a great time to stock up on your favorite drugstore brands at Rite Aid
- Hot Beauty Health brings us Spring 2010 Beauty Trends
- We get a review of Zoya Reverie Nail Polish Collection (part 2) from Polish Swatches
- Retrodiva visits Susan Posnick Cosmetics headquarters and gets a tutorial on how to use mineral makeup
- Makeup Music Money Me shows you what do you do with your gift bags and boxes
- Diary of a Style Addict is looking for a change and found them in Korean Circle Contact lenses.
- Sparkle Crack Central Gives a review of Cover Girl's Lash Blast mascaras