No, I Don't Think I Want to Smell Like That, Thanks.

I picked up a bottle of Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Body Wash recently while I was at Target, and considered myself extremely lucky because not only did I find some, but it was on clearance! Perhaps this should have given me pause.

Honestly, every time I use this, the smell reminds me of the scent they use at the Rest Area on I-95 heading towards Washington DC. And while it's not an unpleasant smell in a public restroom, it's not what I want my body to smell like. It's a very strong, artificial smell, and somewhat difficult to describe. Obviously, I was very disappointed, since I never hear anything but good things about Burts Bees, but it makes me hesitant to try anything else. Perhaps I just have a sensitive nose.

Have you tried this? Is it just me?

2 comments:

Lisa G said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I find that a lot of Burt's Bees products have that weird smell....

August 22, 2008 at 7:23 PM
Retrodiva said...

Nurseexec, I am so glad it's not just me. I know everyone raves about Burt's Bees, but I just haven't had much luck with them. Even their Honey Lip Balm that is currently on my nightstand just has a bit of a funky smell. It's borderline acceptable.
August 23, 2008 at 7:57 PM

NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook