No, I Don't Think I Want to Smell Like That, Thanks.

I picked up a bottle of Burt's Bees Naturally Nourishing Milk & Shea Butter Body Wash recently while I was at Target, and considered myself extremely lucky because not only did I find some, but it was on clearance! Perhaps this should have given me pause.

Honestly, every time I use this, the smell reminds me of the scent they use at the Rest Area on I-95 heading towards Washington DC. And while it's not an unpleasant smell in a public restroom, it's not what I want my body to smell like. It's a very strong, artificial smell, and somewhat difficult to describe. Obviously, I was very disappointed, since I never hear anything but good things about Burts Bees, but it makes me hesitant to try anything else. Perhaps I just have a sensitive nose.

Have you tried this? Is it just me?

2 comments:

NurseExec said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I find that a lot of Burt's Bees products have that weird smell....

August 22, 2008 at 7:23 PM
Meredith said...

Nurseexec, I am so glad it's not just me. I know everyone raves about Burt's Bees, but I just haven't had much luck with them. Even their Honey Lip Balm that is currently on my nightstand just has a bit of a funky smell. It's borderline acceptable.

August 23, 2008 at 7:57 PM

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook