Birthdays, MAC Counters, and Other Stuff

Hello my pretties! No worries, I haven't run off and left the blog to die a slow death: it was my birthday on the 11th, and I have been super busy ever since then!

To celebrate my birthday (and get some new stuff) I went to the MAC counter to get my face done. I mentioned that I really liked the Cult of Cherry collection, and even had a few of the lipsticks, but that the quads kind of scared me. Especially the one with the lime/chartreuse green. So of course my SA decided to show me the light and ended up giving me an amazing eye that I didn't photograph, to my dismay, leaving me to give you the substandard one to the left. So sorry. Anyway, I loved it and ended up buying the quad, of course. Plus I got to play with some of the new things that are launching on Thursday. Let me just tell you - the new eyeliners that are coming out are FAB. You will love them.

I also treated myself to the Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box. A-MA-Zing. Seriously. Look for some bright eye photos coming soon. I've been inspired lately by Eye Candy: 55 Easy Makeup Looks for Glam Lids and Luscious Lashes by Linda Mason, which I highly recommend, and I'll be doing some very different looks soon.

And finally, I leave you with a photo of my other two recent purchases: my Maxx New York bag and my black stiletto heels. Apparently I had the naughty secretary look going on Saturday night while I drank shots that looked like Kool-Aid to celebrate getting one year older.

And now I must go put my credit cards down before I end up in debtors' prison.

0 comments:

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook