Product Review: Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer

It's hard to find people who have tried Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer. I've asked a lot of people I know, and even some of the sales associates at Sephora, and no one really has much experience with this line.

I picked this up because I had used up all my Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and was looking to try out another line. I have the Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder and love it, but haven't ventured further into the HD line.

I'm glad I did! This is one amazing primer. Unlike other primers that I've tried, Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer has a consistency more like lotion than a silicone layer. However, it doesn't lay on the top of your skin like a lotion would, but immediately absorbs in and leaves behind a smooth matte finish. While it was developed to be used with the Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation, I've been using it with Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation with excellent results.

It is available in six different shades: neutral, which adds luminosity to all skin types; green, which minimizes redness; mauve, which counteracts sallow tones; caramel, which combats ashiness in medium to dark skin tones and warms golden tones; blue, which adds radiance to fair skin and helps cover minor imperfections; yellow, which lightens dark complexions; and pink, which brightens and reduces sallow tones.

I happened to choose the blue, because I wanted to see if it made any sort of difference in comparison to using a clear or natural primer. I can't say that it does, honestly. I think that the product would work just as well in neutral as it does in blue. In other words, I'd buy it no matter what, but I don't necessarily think I need the blue.

I'm rapidly heading towards loving the entire HD line by Make Up For Ever, which isn't surprising since I like more coverage than average. It does quite well living up to the promise of flawless looking skin. Plus, it gives me better photos!

3 comments:

Bella said...

So you think this would work better than my Smashbox with SPF?? I am excited.

February 3, 2009 at 2:00 PM
Retrodiva said...

I hesitate to say that it would work better, but it's certainly different! Different enough that I'm sticking with it over my Smashbox Photo Finish. :)
February 3, 2009 at 2:15 PM

Bella said...

I am impressed. I might just try it next time. And it is certainly cheaper than Smashbox!!!
Thanks for the tip and FAB review hermana!

February 3, 2009 at 2:29 PM
NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook