Sharing My Secrets: Have Frizzy Hair? You Need This



One of the downsides of being a beauty blogger is that I have to share my secrets with the world. I can't just discover something and walk around looking gorgeous - oh, no. I am compelled to sit down and write a missive about said product and how I used it to completely change my life.

Well, I'm not always so dramatic.

However, with this stuff, I am, because it really has changed my hair in ways that I didn't think possible. Yes, I'm talking about Living Proof's No Frizz line. I know that I've discussed them before, but they have since added to the line and made it even better. Namely, they have added shampoo and conditioner to the line, so you have to deal with even less frizz than before.

So what's the secret? It's called PolyfluoroEster, and Living Proof claims that it's the first new anti-frizz technology in 30 years that blocks humidity. This molecule is in all the products and works like a charm. Here is a photo of the No Frizz on one side of hair, and the other is without. Can you guess which is which?



I know, it's not that hard, is it? But how do you choose which of the products are right for you? The first thing you need to do is determine your hair type. Bear with me, because this is super simple: Take your forefinger and thumb and make a ponytail around your hair. If it is the size of a dime, you have fine to medium hair; if it is as big as a nickel you have medium to thick strands; if it is the size of a quarter, you have thick to coarse hair. Because all of the products are developed for different kind of hair, you'll need to know this before you decide which products to pick.

There are products to style your hair wavy or straight. I use Straight Styling Treatment for Thick to Coarse Hair when I am planning on flat ironing. When I am blowing out my hair and leaving it in loose bouncy waves, I use Wave Shaping, Curl Defining Styling Treatment for Thick to Coarse Hair

Another little secret of mine is to spray Straight Making Styling Spray on each section that I flat iron. Works like a dream.

Luckily, the Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner are for all hair types, so anyone and everyone can use those. I love what they do for my hair, but those of you who are all about smells may find them to be a bit chemical smelling. I personally can completely overlook it, since the smell doesn't last, and the results on my hair are completely worth it.

Find all of these products at LivingProof.com or Sephora.com.

0 comments:

NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook