Review: Frizz Control and Shine Products

Just some mini-reviews for you on one of the hair products that I can't live without: frizz control and shine.

TIGI Catwalk Camera Ready Shine Spray: This is a great product to use if you have fine hair and don't need a lot of shine and frizz control. I used it as a quick touch up and was very happy with the results. Spray lightly - one or two sprays will do just fine, and run your fingers through your hair. Gives medium frizz control and a decent quick shine.

Paul Mitchell Gloss Drops: I use this product every day after styling my hair. It is an excellent finisher - adds just enough shine and keeps my (very) frizzy hair under control. One pump into your palm is all you need - emulsify it and run it through your hair. You probably won't need a touch up for several hours, if at all.

TIGI Bed Head Shine Junkie: I've been using this one since it came in a pot. Now it's in a nice dispenser can that reminds me of Cheez Whiz. It has a nice shimmer in it and definitely adds a nice shine. I didn't find it to be an excellent frizz control, however. But it pays off when it comes to shine.

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Extra Strength Formula Hair Serum: A true classic, one of the first anti-frizz products that I ever tried. My thick, curly hair requires some sort of frizz taming, and a quarter sized amount worked into my hair right after the shower does a very good job of keeping the obvious frizz under control. I've heard that it takes a few applications for this to work well, although I'm not sure that it was the same for me. Either way, someone with frizz issues might want to give this one a try.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi - great blog - would you consider sharing hair related posts on my StyleBell blog? Just let me know. Thanks!
-Michelle

March 12, 2008 at 12:00 PM
M. said...

Michelle, I'd be happy to! I need to focus more on hair around these parts, so I'd be happy to share them with you. Please feel free to email me the details!

March 12, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook