Beautiful Speed Racer

Speed Racer is a really beautiful movie. The storyline is kind of "meh," but my 7 year old son loved it. But the visual effects were striking: bold uses of color, sharp graphics, and bright outfits really made everything stand out.

Because it was a rather long movie with a few slow bits thrown in, I found myself really checking out Christina Ricci's makeup in the film. It was lovely. Very traditional nude face with a striking red lip. The red that they used must have been a blue-based red, which really pops on a pale face, which is, I'm sure, exactly what they were going for. The dark hair also made the lips stand out. I could tell they also used a liquid liner on the top lids only, with light mascara. The eyeshadow was definitely matte nude, and the overall effect was striking.

I'm inspired to try the look myself. When I do, I'll be sure to post!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

i loved seeing her in that bob with the bangs. i think after the movie was shot, she went to a more highlighted bob and it was gorge on her. i agree that she looks great in the makeup for the movie too. thanks for this.

May 10, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook