FOTD: LORAC Croc Palette

Did I mention that I won a free LORAC Croc Palette from Total Beauty? No? Well, it arrived yesterday, and of course I decided to try it out today.

Forgive the photo - it was taken with Photo Booth while sitting at my desk at work.

Here is what I used for this look:

1.Laura Geller Spackle: still one of my favorite primers; applied evenly over entire face
2.Laura Geller Caulk Pencil: an excellent concealer. Used on problem spots and under my eyes.
3.NARS Oil Free Foundation: applied with foundation brush evenly.
4. MAC Studio Fix Powder: applied with a big brush.
5. Next comes the Croc Palette: the blush is called Soul and is described as a burnished rose. I applied this lightly to the apples of my cheeks.
6. Then I moved on to my standby,Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I use this every day. It really does a fantastic job keeping my eyeshadow on my kind of oily eyelids.
7. Back to the Croc Palette: I brushed the lightest color, Moonstone, all over the lid as a highlight.
8. On the lower eyelid, I used Garnet, which is a nice bronze color. I covered the lower eyelid completely, then moved on to the crease:
9. Using Suede, which is a chocolate in the outer crease and along the lashline.
10. Then I lined my eyes with Rimmel Liquid Eye Liner in copper brown. I love this liquid eyeliner - it manages to be shimmery without being obnoxious, and the stiff brush makes it easy to apply.
11. Then I tried a new mascara (I've got a few reviews in the works for you!),Lorac - Lotsa Lash Mascara. I have only good things to say about this mascara so far, but it was my first day using it.
12. Finally, on the lips, another LORAC product,LORAC Co-Stars in French Kiss. A little darker than I normally use these days, but the lasting power was pretty darn good.

If you're looking for a good solid neutral palette, I would definitely recommend the LORAC palette. The shadows were long wearing, and nicely pigmented. I'm pleased with it, and will certainly be using it often.

0 comments:

Total Beauty

About Me

My Photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook