Cover Girl's Firecracker: FOTD

I normally wouldn't even play around with an eye shadow palette that features white, medium-dark pink, and lime green. Those are not colors that I usually wear, but you know what? I need to break out of my comfort zone. Someone mentioned to me the other day that I was only wearing neutrals lately, and they are right - when you invest in that much of Chanel's summer collection, you really want to wear it all summer long. But today I was in the mood for something a bit different, and this fit the bill.

I used Cover Girl Eye Enhancers 3 Kit Shadow, in Firecracker for this look. I used the white all over the lid, the pink from the lash line up to the crease, and the green as a liner on the top lash line and the bottom. Then because I thought it was very mod looking, I took my Rimmel Liquid Eye Liner in Noir (black) and did a medium thick line right at the base of my eyelashes on the top. Then a coat of Make Up For Ever Lash Fibers, and then two coats of my new Max Factor Vivid Impact Mascara in Blazing Black. As a finishing touch, I used Benefit Cosmetics Miss Popularity in each corner of my eyes, blending it with the green from the Cover Girl palette. What I really needed to finish this off was a cream pink lipstick, but looking through my lipstick bag, I see that I don't have a single one that would fit my total mod look going on. What does that mean? Yes, it means that I should probably head to a makeup counter. After all, one cannot be without the proper lipstick, now can they?

As a side note, I'm really into matte eyeshadows and creme lipsticks and nailpolishes right now. Don't take my word for it, but I suspect that you're going to be seeing a lot more of it - shimmer has been popular for several seasons and I think the pendulum is swinging the other way. The Cover Girl Eye Palette is completely matte, there is no shimmer to it at all, and I found myself really liking it.

Thank you to the random seller on ebay who is letting me use her photo of the Cover Girl eye palette. I forgot to take one, and I will replace it with my own just asap.

0 comments:

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook