Make Up For Ever Lash Fibers


I'm addicted to mascara. Well, perhaps I should rephrase that: what I'm really addicted to are making my lashes look so big and fat that they could be mistaken for false ones. Although I wear false ones often, I'm always on the lookout for something that will just blow me away when it comes to mascara.

Make Up For Ever's Lash Fibers ($20, only at Sephora) are awesome. I picked this up the other day when I was at Sephora for the grand opening, and just had the chance to play around with it today. I love this stuff. Two coats of this plus two coats of DiorShow, and I am ready to roll. It plumps up my lashes beautifully and I will probably never use mascara without it, I love it so much.

But I have a secret for my budget beauty divas: you can get the exact same thing with L'Oreal's Volume Shocking 2 Step Mascara. Yes, it's true. Just like L'Oreal's product, Lash Fibers is just a base to use underneath any mascara you choose. For about $13.50, you can get both the base and a mascara from the drugstore. If memory serves, it's actually a great mascara, but the comb (versus a brush) is a little awkward to use and requires some practice.

So now you got two reviews in one post! It's your lucky day!

4 comments:

Jen Hill said...

These mascaras sound wonderful and thanks for the budget deal as well.

July 8, 2008 at 7:28 PM
Retrodiva said...

No problem, Jen! I know I'm starting to pay attention to the drugstore brands more as the cost of gas goes up. Yikes!
July 8, 2008 at 8:07 PM

roxy. said...

LOL I had to smile when I read this blog. I love making my eyelashes look huge and fake too! Have you tried talika lipocils? I think they're working on me but I'm not sure if it's just an illusion because I know I'm using it!

July 9, 2008 at 2:53 AM
Retrodiva said...

I have not tried talika lipocils! But you know it's on my list now. I just picked up a tube of Fiberwig, and I can't wait to mess with that. Glad I'm not the only one obsessed with crazy lashes. LOL!
July 9, 2008 at 9:10 PM

NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook