Saturday's Cocktail: Black Orchid

No, it's not the fragrance, but I bet this one smells heavenly.

I haven't actually tried this one yet, but I've placed a bottle of Creme de Violette on order at my local Alcoholic Beverage Control shop. Yes, in the Commonwealth of Virginia, we still have a hard time getting our spirits.

Here is the recipe:

- 1 1/4 parts Grey Goose L'Orange vodka
- 3/4 parts creme de violette
- 3/4 parts lemon juice
- 1/2 parts simple syrup
- 1 dash peach bitters or orange bitters


In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add all ingredients. Shake vigorously until outside of shaker is frosted and beaded with sweat. Strain into martini cocktail glass and garnish with flower.

And if you're looking for any new bar accessories, take $10 off $75 Purchase at Barware.com with code SW-8937. I am getting ready to order some martini glasses, as shockingly enough, I don't own a set. Don't ask me how that can be, as I have no answer for you.

Photo and recipe via CocktailTimes.com. Go there, seriously.

0 comments:

NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook