What I'm Wanting: White Frosty Eyeshadow

Like this Iceland duo by Nars.

I don't really know why, but I desperately want some frosty white eyeshadow to wear with some carbon black eyeliner. I am inspired by the product photos of the MAC Chill Collection, but I wasn't impressed with the products in person, although the Penultimate Liner was super fun to play with.

I'm quite certain that it's because I've never worked with white eyeshadow other than a highlighter, and sparingly at that. I'd probably wear it with a true red lipstick.

Would you wear it? Have you worn it? Any tips?

1 comments:

zellsbells said...

I tried some once, I think it was a really cheap little pot of loose shadow from Walgreens-- Probably Jane brand. It was actually pretty interesting, the texture of this particular type was very loose, shimmery, and felt cool when you brushed it on. That was a year ago, and I know they changed their product line a bit, so it may not be available any more. You might find a loose mineral powder that would be similar.

I liked to use it under the eye with a liner brush. It makes your eyes look a little wider and brighter, and the shimmery effect is very suited for Winter looks!

You've inspired me to try to find that stuff and play around with it some more. :) I might try it as my all-over base color with some blue as the accent.

January 8, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook