Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can: 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll

First of all, I need a haircut. Just so we can get that out of the way.

Out of all the Barbie Loves Stila cans, you know I chose the ultra-vintage 1959 doll. Included was a palette with a peachy cheek color, matte black eye shadow, and a medium blue eyeshadow with just a touch of glitter. Also, a gorgeous red lipstick and a black liquid eyeliner.

The great thing about this collection is that you can really vamp it up or tone it down. This is a more toned down look, as I was on my way to work, and one really can't go all out at 9 AM. It's just too much.

What I like to do is use a primer on my eyelids (Primer Potion in this example), then I used Milk pigment from MAC's Hello Kitty collection all over my eyelids. Then I used the blue over the lid and into the crease. I lined the upper lash line with the black using a stiff smudge brush. Blend that well, though, because you don't want an obvious line - unless you do, in which case carry on. However, I blended well, added a bit more, and blended again. Then I used the black liner to line only the upper lash line, and added about a million coats of Diorshow to my lashes. Just kidding. It was probably only 4, which is my normal amount.

Finish up with the lipstick, and you're done. Super easy and a pulled together glam look.

As I mentioned, you can take it into the evening with just a few adjustments - you could use the black to smoke out the eye and then use a pencil to line the lower waterline of the eye to really darken it up. False lashes would also look great with this collection, although I haven't tried it yet.

I bought this just for the cute factor, so imagine my surprise when I found it was actually quite useable! Highly recommended.

Stila Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can - 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll, $40.

0 comments:

NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook