Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can: 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll

First of all, I need a haircut. Just so we can get that out of the way.

Out of all the Barbie Loves Stila cans, you know I chose the ultra-vintage 1959 doll. Included was a palette with a peachy cheek color, matte black eye shadow, and a medium blue eyeshadow with just a touch of glitter. Also, a gorgeous red lipstick and a black liquid eyeliner.

The great thing about this collection is that you can really vamp it up or tone it down. This is a more toned down look, as I was on my way to work, and one really can't go all out at 9 AM. It's just too much.

What I like to do is use a primer on my eyelids (Primer Potion in this example), then I used Milk pigment from MAC's Hello Kitty collection all over my eyelids. Then I used the blue over the lid and into the crease. I lined the upper lash line with the black using a stiff smudge brush. Blend that well, though, because you don't want an obvious line - unless you do, in which case carry on. However, I blended well, added a bit more, and blended again. Then I used the black liner to line only the upper lash line, and added about a million coats of Diorshow to my lashes. Just kidding. It was probably only 4, which is my normal amount.

Finish up with the lipstick, and you're done. Super easy and a pulled together glam look.

As I mentioned, you can take it into the evening with just a few adjustments - you could use the black to smoke out the eye and then use a pencil to line the lower waterline of the eye to really darken it up. False lashes would also look great with this collection, although I haven't tried it yet.

I bought this just for the cute factor, so imagine my surprise when I found it was actually quite useable! Highly recommended.

Stila Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can - 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll, $40.

0 comments:

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook