Seven Days of Mascara: Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara

Smashbox claims that their amino-acid packed Lash DNA ($19) mascara gives you amazing length and volume. This is my first experience with a Smashbox mascara, and I got it as part of the "After Hours" kit at the Nordstrom beauty event. From the Smashbox website: "The unique double helix brush grabs each lash, no matter how small, for the ultimate fanned out effect." So I was pretty excited to check out the wand, as well as the formula.



Whoa. Well, I did want to see the brush, but I kind of can't. I mean, I think I get the general idea of what is going on here. Maybe. But it doesn't stop with the brush - I then take a look at my tube:

Holy crap. THAT is going to make a mess when I go to put my wand back in there. But I don't want to think about that yet. Let's take that wand and give it a whirl.


The end result is some really lovely lashes. Full, long, and inky black. However, it did require some brushing and declumping. I like the effect, but I don't know that most people would want to put the time in to deal with the mess. Would I buy it again? I don't know. Would I recommend it? Only to another mascara junkie.

4 comments:

kellygreen49 said...

Whoa, those are some GORGEOUS lashes. I love the eye shadow with it too! Btw, what camera do you use? You get some really good close up shots.

July 30, 2009 at 9:15 PM
jude8753 said...

Your lashes look great, but I don't think I could handle the mess.

July 31, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Becki said...

Thanks for the review...I'll consider it :)

July 31, 2009 at 10:30 PM
barakais said...

i should add drinking coffee is dangerous for your health

August 2, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook