So, you have the perfect blow out already, and you want to hang on to it for a few days. You're savvy enough to know that washing your hair every day isn't good for it, but how do you keep it looking good? I turned to the experts: other bloggers and beauty mavens on Twitter, and here are a few tips for you:
- @HairHabitat tells me that the key to really preserving your blowout is to make sure the root gets thoroughly dry - a great blowout will last longer than a not-so-great one. Also, go easy on styling products; sometimes less is more.
- @thevixenette points out that the hair around the hairline gets frizziest first, so make sure to pay extra attention to those pieces and flat iron/blow out as necessary. Also, to coil the hair up and pin it on the head before exercising or going to bed. Pin shorter hair up as necessary.
- @BeautyAlchemist is lucky enough to have a mom who is brilliant at the blow out, and swears by a good hairspray like Sebastian Shaper or Bumble and Bumble Spray de Mode.
- Mme. @FournierComm says "laque, laque, laque." In other words, hair spray, hair spray, hair spray! Plus, she recommends sleeping seated in bed. This must involve a lot of pillows!
- @CatMojo recommends dry shampoo like Ojon's formula. She tells us that if you're trying to save a penny or two, try talc powder. Just sprinkle and comb through. She likes the minty Gold Bond formula. Must try!