Product Review: Parissa Wax Strips

Epilatory Wax Strips for Face & Bikini

In my neverending quest to find the perfect method of hair removal, I picked up Epilatory Wax Strips for Face & Bikini during a recent trip to Ulta.

I always approach these strips (from any brand) with a healthy dose of skepticism. I never can seem to make the work, always either completely ineffective or such a mess that I'd rather deal with my actual hot wax pot and a popsicle stick. However, these wax strips were actually quite easy to use, no mess, and they actually worked!

Were they the perfect hair removal product? Well, no. Using actual hot wax and the popsicle stick will always give you the best results. But Parissa's Epilatory Wax Strips for Face & Bikini are really good for a quick fix. You won't get perfect results, but you'll get good enough until you can make it to your waxer to properly take care of everything.

To help you get a better result, I came across a few tips that might help. Jennifer Turchi, head of makeup on the show How I Met Your Mother suggests this:
Avoid beauty products with exfoliating ingredients three days prior to waxing. Sensitive skin? A week is better. And always do a small test strip to make sure you don't get an allergic reaction.


Epilatory Wax Strips for Face & Bikini
 retail for $9, and are available at Duane Reade, Fred Meyer, Target, Ulta, Whole Foods, and Parissa.com.




2 comments:

Beauty Junkies Unite said...

I had really good luck with these in between my last lip waxing appointment. Because you know, I just *JUMP* for joy when I have to go in for that!

xo
Amber

November 30, 2009 at 8:32 AM
Retrodiva said...

Girl, don't we all? Ugh.
November 30, 2009 at 8:35 AM

NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook