I can always count on Christian Siriano to give me good fashion show, and he never disappoints. This time he is thrilling me with his desire for the updo in his look for fall and winter 2010 at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week.
Christian chose Aveeda's lead stylist Antoinette Beenders to help him recreate the 1960's Parisian updo. Here is how she created the look:
- Prep hair with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray for light, workable hold.
- Working from bottom to top, curl hair in one-inch pieces with a medium barrel curling iron. Loop each curled piece around your finger and pin against the head to set the curl. Allow curls to cool, and then remove clips. Gently brush hair out.
- Separate a top section of hair—from the hairline to the crown—and pin it away to separate. Backcomb the remainder of hair and spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray to create ultra-volume. Brush backcombed hair through.
- Gather the left side of hair and pull tightly to the back of the head. Pin in place vertically, up the center line of the head, with bobby pins. Smooth hair against the head with fingers and spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray to minimize flyaways.
- Gather the right side of hair and pull tightly to the back of the head. Wrap hair inwards around your fingers to create a tornado-like twist. Pin in place and spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray for ultra-strong hold.
- Remove pins from the remaining front section of hair and backcomb to create volume. Spray with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray. Comb hair away from the face and pin to the top of the twist, creating wave-like volume at the crown of the head. Set the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.