Product Review: Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning Sunless Spray

I picked this up while browsing Target recently (yes, I'm always there, thanks) and realized that I had never tried it. I'm a huge fan of Neutrogena products as my faithful readers well know, but I have never used their sunless tanning products. High time to rectify that situation.
So after work today, I popped in the shower and did a through exfoliation. Afterwards, I proceeded to spray myself into a bronze goddess. A few notes:

  • They recommend using in a well ventilated area. I completely concur. My bathroom is fairly small, and after two legs even my dog was coughing.
  • No need to stop spraying after each pass, as they mention on the can. Just keep moving it along and you will be fine. Don't linger in any specific area, just keep in constant motion.
  • It recommends spraying on hands then wiping your hands on your face. If you do this, make sure your cuticles are in good shape and your hands have a bit of moisturizing lotion on them before doing this, or you might end up with orange cuticles. Trust me, I know. You will probably be better off doing a even light spray over your face.
Overall, this was a very good product for the price, exactly as I expected. The color is natural, if a bit on the light side for my taste, and I was amazed at the lack of smell. This might be the least smelliest tanning product I have used thus far. And as a bonus, it is supposed to be completely non-comedogenic, meaning it won't clog up those pores. Plus, the can works at all angles, so you can easily get those difficult to reach areas like your back very evenly.

1 comments:

Girl-Woman said...

I think a spray might be right up my alley. I am a little faux tan challenged.

May 16, 2008 at 11:06 AM
NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook