More Mineral Makeup Goodness: L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Eye Liner

Here is my disclaimer: I'm not into mineral makeup. I tried it when it first came out, and it was an absolute disaster - instead of a beautiful coverage, it made my face look worse than it did before makeup. My pores looked larger, everything looked cakey, and I couldn't get it off fast enough. Plus, I've never been impressed with the color selection, since everything always looked neutral, and I'm not much of a neutral girl. So I'm always kind of "meh" about any kind of mineral makeup line.

However, this particular eyeliner might just change my mind. I tried L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Eye Liner in Defining Bronze, and I was surprised at how pigmented it was. It didn't take much to create a beautiful solid line on my upper lash, and it was easier to use than I thought it would be.

The included brush isn't bad, but if you have your own angle brush, you may prefer using that. It was a little stubby for me, I couldn't seem to get a good handle on it, although the quality was okay, especially considering that most brushes included with product are crappy, this one was actually useable.

But back to the color: very vibrant. The powder form works for me since I will often use powder shadow as a liner anyway. Once again L'Oreal is shocking me with their pigments, though. It was dark and I didn't have a bunch of fallout down my cheek at all, which was surprising as well.

This is an eyeliner that I would personally invest in, especially given the price point on it. It's nice and pigmented, you can find it just about anywhere, and it's easy to use.

6 comments:

Lydia said...

Ooo I might have to check this one out it looks neat :)

September 1, 2008 at 10:20 PM
Zarebski said...
This comment has been removed by the author. September 3, 2008 at 1:21 AM
Tara M. Bloom said...

I had my hands on that same mineral eye liner last night, but didn't buy it. How do you apply powder eye liner with a brush? I've never been able to use liquid eye liner successfully, only pencil. Any tips?

September 7, 2008 at 11:25 AM
llmatthews said...

I am a fan of the powdered mineral foundations. I currently use L'Oreal Naturale Mineral foundation and love it. I just purchased the eye liner last night, Deep Olive, and WOW....

It was easy to apply and has great color. I have never been able to get the liquid right so pencils have been my only option until now. Pencils tug at your skin too much and my eyes are getting too old for that. This eye liner is a keeper. I'm going to check out the other colors.

September 18, 2008 at 12:39 PM
Unknown said...

You're right, this is great stuff. But am I using it right: dip the brush into the powder and apply? That is very messy for me. I am getting it all over. But it does stay put on the eye and doesn't fall down on the cheek. I am getting more colors, very nice, long lasting.

October 23, 2008 at 1:06 PM
Retrodiva said...

It really can be a touch tricky to apply, especially if you aren't used to using a powder eyeliner (and I had never tried one before). The best advice I can offer is to tap the brush off, and make sure that you don't have a whole lot of extra on it when you go to apply. Also, I tried wetting it slightly (only damp), and applying it that way. It made it much easier and the line was more precise, almost like a liquid liner.

Keep working with it! I have a feeling it's one of those products that just takes some getting used to.
October 25, 2008 at 11:33 AM

NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook