Souvenir from Colorado: Melt Skincare Products

When I was in Denver for my sister-in-law's wedding, I happened across a Melt store at the mall. I was pretty excited because it reminded me a bit of Lush. I'm a huge fan of bath products, scrubs especially, and if they have amazing scents then I'm a loyal customer for life.

I enjoyed walking around the store, and the customer service was impeccable. I only found two scents that I really connected with, and one of them has since been discontinued, so I won't even bother talking about that one. The other one, Maharani Mist is a gardenia and tuberose combination, always a classic. I bought the bath salts, body scrub, and soap.

Overall, the products are okay. Nothing about them really stands out, although I do really like the Maharani Mist scent. I think they are ever-so-slightly overpriced, even if they are handmade. The quality is fine, just not over the top fantastic, like I associate with Lush. I think if you find a scent that you really connect with, then you'll probably love the line. Otherwise, you would probably be better of skipping it.

One word about their Glamazon line: just don't. It's considered a "face shine" in both a bronze tint and a luminizer. While it does give you a glow, it also balls up right on your skin. Not good.

0 comments:

NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook