Souvenir from Colorado: Melt Skincare Products

When I was in Denver for my sister-in-law's wedding, I happened across a Melt store at the mall. I was pretty excited because it reminded me a bit of Lush. I'm a huge fan of bath products, scrubs especially, and if they have amazing scents then I'm a loyal customer for life.

I enjoyed walking around the store, and the customer service was impeccable. I only found two scents that I really connected with, and one of them has since been discontinued, so I won't even bother talking about that one. The other one, Maharani Mist is a gardenia and tuberose combination, always a classic. I bought the bath salts, body scrub, and soap.

Overall, the products are okay. Nothing about them really stands out, although I do really like the Maharani Mist scent. I think they are ever-so-slightly overpriced, even if they are handmade. The quality is fine, just not over the top fantastic, like I associate with Lush. I think if you find a scent that you really connect with, then you'll probably love the line. Otherwise, you would probably be better of skipping it.

One word about their Glamazon line: just don't. It's considered a "face shine" in both a bronze tint and a luminizer. While it does give you a glow, it also balls up right on your skin. Not good.

0 comments:

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook