I hit up Shecky's Girls Night Out DC yesterday evening, and I had a pretty good time. But the best part of these things is always the goodie bag, am I right? I had a good time wandering through the booths, and the venue was fantastic, but I was hoping for more beauty brands. Instead there was a fair amount of clothing and jewelry, both of which I love, but maybe not in such huge quantities.
At any rate, here is the goodie bag all spread out for your curiosity. Here is what it was made up of:
- Harlequin Romance & Mystery Crime Scene at Cardwell Ranch, free copy
- ROC Daily Microdermabrasion Cleansing Disk
- Betty Crocker Warm Delights Minis in Molten Chocolate Cake flavor
- Magnet/picture frame from Skyy, X Rated, and Midori featuring three recipes using each liquor (I sampled two of them at the event - yikes)
- Phisoderm three step skin care system sample
- 1 oz. BioCare Labs Body Butter
- .5 oz. Noxema Soothe and Smooth Maximum Strength Medicated Bikini Creme
- 4 Colgate Wisp mini-brushes
- 6.76 oz. Yes to Carrots C a Softer You Hand and Elbow Moisturizing Cream and a $1 off coupon towards purchase
- 1 oz. Larabar Jocalat chocolate orange organic food bar
- 3 oz total (2 tubes) Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion
- 5.8 oz (full size) Colgate MaxFresh Spearmint Burst toothpaste
- One 4-blade disposable razor
- Kiss nail file
- 3 Goody StayPut Hold rubber bands for hair
- 4 Goody Colour Collection rubber bands for hair
- .5 oz. Alagio Professional Haircare Trend Starter Matte Wax
- .5 oz. Alagio Professional Haircare Trend Starter Twisting Paste
- .5 oz. Alagio Professional Haircare Trend Starter Spiking Pomade
- .35 oz. Redken for Men Mint Clear Shampoo
- .35 oz. Redken for Men Cool Finish Conditioner
- .35 oz. Redken for Men Grip Tight firm hold gel
That's right. A full tube of AlkaSelzer's new Wake-Up Call effervescent tablets, designed for "temporary relief of minor aches and pains with fatigue or drowsiness associated with a hangover".
I don't know about anything else in my bag, but I can tell you that these things are the bomb. There were four of us, and we all unanimously concurred that they work, and work quite well. Opinions were mixed on how tasty they were, but all were believers in the effectiveness.
Take that for what it's worth.