Product Review: 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper

I'm all about a volumizing mascara. I have my favorites, but I'm always willing to try a new one just to see if it gives me the thickness that I'm looking for. I just don't get excited about lengthening formulas, but start talking about volume and you have my complete attention.

I had the opportunity to try the 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper, and I liked it. The brush is a plastic one that helps build volume, and the black formula is nice and thick without too much clumping.

I could keep talking about it, but I figured that it would be helpful to show some pictures. Here is my lashes in their natural, boring state (and not often seen in public, thankyouverymuch).


Now here they are with three coats of the 2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper:


And here my eyes are open:

I liked the results. I thought it delivered excellent volume, and it was easy to remove with basic non-waterproof eye makeup remover. I would probably pick it up in the waterproof version, because when I'm dealing with allergies, my mascara has a tendency to get messy.

2000 Calorie Extreme Lash Plumper is available at CVS and Ulta, I'm told. It retails for about $9.99.

2 comments:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

NICE! I'm always on a lookout for a good mascara - thanks for the review!

May 6, 2009 at 8:46 PM
Anonymous said...

Looks like an updated Lash Blast, I definitely want to check that out. Lately I've been obsessed with Mark. Make It Big Mascara for an evening look though. That and Vaseline for strengthening my lashes.

May 6, 2009 at 11:43 PM
NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook