How to Wear it Thursday: Tights


Sweaters, Tights and Boots by retrodiva

We are in a recession, my friends, and I don't know about you, but I can't afford to go out and replenish my winter wardrobe, no matter how much I'd like to. But I am in a position to spice up my wardrobe by purchasing some accessories. In this case, I'm all about tights. They are an economical way to add a pop of color (and brights are so big this year) to your existing wardrobe.

In this example, I used sweater dresses as my foundation, because I have quite a few of these. They are so comfortable and warm to wear, and you can layer them up. Last year I stuck with black tights only, but this year I'm investing in a few pairs of bright, colorful tights, and I'm mixing them up with my neutral colored dresses.

Some other accessory ideas to think about: jewelry, scarves, tights, and belts. All of these can be a great way to refresh an outfit from last season without a huge outlay of cash.

0 comments:

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook