How to Wear it Thursday: Tights


Sweaters, Tights and Boots by retrodiva

We are in a recession, my friends, and I don't know about you, but I can't afford to go out and replenish my winter wardrobe, no matter how much I'd like to. But I am in a position to spice up my wardrobe by purchasing some accessories. In this case, I'm all about tights. They are an economical way to add a pop of color (and brights are so big this year) to your existing wardrobe.

In this example, I used sweater dresses as my foundation, because I have quite a few of these. They are so comfortable and warm to wear, and you can layer them up. Last year I stuck with black tights only, but this year I'm investing in a few pairs of bright, colorful tights, and I'm mixing them up with my neutral colored dresses.

Some other accessory ideas to think about: jewelry, scarves, tights, and belts. All of these can be a great way to refresh an outfit from last season without a huge outlay of cash.

0 comments:

NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook