Because I'm Smart Enough to Search the Internet: Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles Edition

I don't know what's pollinating or floating around in the air lately, but I've been a big allergic mess. Not only am I sneezing and dealing with a stuffy nose, but my eyes! If they aren't watering, they are itching. They are puffy with huge dark circles that my doctor tells me are "allergy shiners." Whatever they are, they are ugly, and I don't like them.


A long time ago, when I lived in south Texas and suffered from allergies every day of my life, I came across a fantastic product that I never found again when I moved back to the East Coast. Of all places, I found it at JC Penney, but they have long since gotten rid of the beauty counters (remember when you could buy Ultima II there? Those were the days) and I hoarded one bottle just as long as I could, but when it was gone I was unable to replace it no matter where I asked.

As I was standing in front of my mirror today, I was lamenting the fact that I didn't have my Lotion Bleue anymore, and then the brilliant idea of searching for it on the web came into my head. Yeah, I know. I'm just a real genius, aren't I? And of course, I found it:

Payot Lotion Bleue 125ml/4.2oz

There it was, in all it's glory. Trumpets sounded and the angels sang.

Payot Lotion Bleue
actually works as a decongestant, getting rid of those puffy bags under the eyes. You soak a cotton ball and lay it on the eyelids, then lay down and relax for 10 minutes. When you get up again, your eyes will feel and look amazing. Payot also says that it helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, but when I used this in the past I was in my mid-twenties, and I didn't have any wrinkles, and was fairly confident that I wouldn't ever get them, either. Ah, youth.

I placed my order immediately. And while I was at it, I picked up my other favorite from Payot:


Payot Doux Regard Soothing & Decongesting Eye Gel 15ml/0.5oz


Another little pot of goodness that I hoarded forever. Payot Doux Regard Soothing & Decongesting Eye Gel was my only eye cream for years, and it was because of those decongesting properties that Payot does so well with their eye products. It does miracles with puffiness and dark circles. Miracles, I tell you! And apparently it is also excellent for wrinkle depth and hydration, although again, I never paid any attention to that sort of thing in my 20s. I was far too busy being invincible for that.

If you suffer from allergies like I do, and it affects your eyes in ways that most people can't imagine, do yourself a favor and try these products. You will join me in singing their praises, I'm quite certain.

2 comments:

Galina said...

I liked Payot's line for sensitive ski and was tempted to try Lotion Bleu but did not think it will really work for my puffy eyes. Now I think I will look into buying it. Also have to do it online as it is not evailable where I live. My fave by Payot is Pate Grise... I know it's totally unrelated to eyes but thought I'd mention this genious product against nasty break outs!

August 28, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Retrodiva said...

OMG, I loved Pate Grise! Just a dab at night will completely change your whole zit situation the next day! I remember that well. Definitely going to be getting some of that as well!
August 28, 2009 at 5:59 PM

NARS Cosmetics Spring 2010

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.

Followers

Facebook