Let the Sun Shine!

Generally speaking, I am a minimalist in most areas of my life. I'm learning more and more that I shouldn't let my minimalist attitude cloud my judgement. I am a new admirer in the world of makeup and beauty products. But it was a long, gradual, uphill climb for me. I wrongly understood "minimalist" to mean that I shouldn't, and wouldn't, spend much on things. I should use the bear minimum daily. I now believe that by choosing to be a minimalist, I am wisely deciding where I can cut back by researching my dollars spent vs. the quality of the product. I am learning that it pays (pun intended) to do some investigating and have trial-and-error time until you find products/things that you are happy with. Imagine how genuinely happy you will be when you find the one that works! It becomes a love affair.



Everpure UV Protect Spray

Enter my new lova, L'Oreal Everpure UV Protect Spray. I am a home hair color fiend. I have always been drawn to the hair color aisle, calling me with it's "cinnaberry" and "indigo black". I gaze lovingly at the beautiful hues, imagining myself as a fiery redhead or a smoky blue black. Well, that and I am one of the lucky women who got her grays early. Yes, it's fabulous approaching my 28th birthday with funky style, a great laugh and....grays. No, really. Thanks, Mom. Point of the story is this. Since my home hair color routine has changed from "for fun" to "for those @#!*&@ grays", I have become serious about it. I did my research and had a few bad runs with some color only to find some really amazing products. Going back to my minimalist attitude (budget), I am not interested in spending beaucoup bucks on products that don't work. I wanted my T & E to be quick and painless for me and my wallet. I knew summertime was the best season to test strength and staying power of each color, so off I went on my hair hue adventure. Along the way, I stumbled across this protectant spray. My first thought was, "Riiiight. Because I need to spend more money." But then I started doing my reading and it turns out this product is right up my alley.

It is sulfate-free which is the first bonus. Second, it is a 100% vegan product with no animal testing or animal byproducts. Score! Now comes the most important test for me: the scent. I noticed it was "rosemary mint" so I was intrigued immediately. How fabulous and aromatic! I was taken back to my Grandma's backyard, with her fresh herbs growing and fragrant. I decided to give it an honest 2 weeks. I put it on my hair each morning and go about my day. First of all, I loved that my hair smelled of rosemary and mint all day. Second and most importantly, I saw very little fading. And I'm super critical. The texture of my hair changed from more dry to softer and rich. I didn't have any breaks or split ends which is rockstar strength during the summer with salt water, sun and chlorine.

I was mucho impressed. For approximately $8.99, you can cut back on how often you buy your hair color. Yes, you're still spending money but for a well-made product that prolongs the between-coloring time. Stretch the buck and save the time. I love it!
Also check out their Everpure Moisture Shampoo and Everpure Moisture Conditoner, great teammates to the spray!

0 comments:

Total Beauty

About Me

My photo
Meredith Edwards-Cornwall is the founder of online lifestyle websites RetrodivasBeauty.com and RetrodivasCloset.com. She is also known as @retrodiva on Twitter. She specializes in drinking large amounts of espresso, shopping, and enjoying social media. In all of her free time she writes for StyleBakeryMom.com twice a week, and does various other freelance gigs involving writing, designing, and generally being awesome. While she believes that success is indeed a job in New York, she currently resides in Virginia Beach, Virginia with her husband, two children, and two cats and has hung on to her day job.
There was an error in this gadget

Followers

Facebook